ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
ISO 9001:2015 sets out the criteria for a quality management system. It can be used by any organization of any size, of any industry and field of activity. There are over one million companies and organizations in over 170 countries certified to ISO 9001.
This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. Using ISO 9001:2015 helps ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services, which in turn brings many business benefits.
The 2015 version features important changes. It is now less prescriptive than its predecessor, focusing instead on performance. Among the significant changes include:
- Structure of the standard where it is now a high level structure
- Context of the organization where you are expected to understand organization’s context prior to establishment of system
- Risks-based thinking and the organizations are expected to identify risks & opportunities
- Elimination of distinction between documents and records; they are now referred to as documented information
Requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- Normative Reference
- Terms and Definitions
- Context of the Organization
- Planning for the Quality Management System
- Performance Evaluation
Benefits of the ISO 9001
- Improved operational efficiency
- Reduced costs
- Reduce customer complaint and enhance customer satisfaction
- Access to new markets
- Consistency of output
- International recognition through ISO 9001 certification by accredited certification body
How Can Nexus TAC Help?
Nexus TAC provides ISO 9001 management system training and consultancy services. We offer specialized expertise and extensive practical experience to assist client in developing management systems from the initial concept to establishment and successful implementation of the management systems.
We use the following consultation approach to assist you in achieving certification:
- Identify areas requiring improvement or development within your current Management System
- Prepare a strategic action plan, in conjunction with your company personnel, to address those improvement areas and assist with the communication of these requirements to key personnel at all levels
- Provide system-related trainings for your company personnel to create awareness and provide them with the necessary knowledge and skills in the implementation of systems
- Provide assistance and advice on the development and implementation of systems, including preparation of documentation
- Advise and assist, if required, with the preparation and submission of applications to your certification body
- Assist with the development of internal auditing procedures and training
- Conduct internal audit to ensure the effective implementation of the management system prior to final audit by your certification body
- Conduct Management Review Meeting to review performance of management system and identify areas for improvement prior to final audit by your certification body